Sunday, October 7, 2007

Listen To Your Heart, Not Your Mind

Happy Thanksgiving Folks!

In early recovery we find that the holidays might be a little lonely. Not the chaos we are so accustomed to. My Thanksgiving is full of gratitude because I realize for the first time that I am right where I need to be. I do not have to have a man to define who I am.

That is the biggest Step One for me. I am powerless over life. I have always looked outwardly to find myself and I have been spinning in circles trying to find happiness when all I had to do was look inwardly to find it. Listen to your heart not your mind.

My mind has been telling me for years that I need chaos and uncertainty in my life to be happy. This is a lie straight from the evil spirit that fills my head with the bad thoughts. It has been a struggle for me to change that thinking but I am reprogramming my brain to think positive thoughts.

This is a lot easier said than done but my life didn't become unmanageable overnight and it won't become manageable overnight either. What I can say is that when I focus on the right thoughts good things happen. Always. However, there has been such an abundance of chaos and abuse in my relationships that it is difficult to stop those feelings from resurfacing.

As long as I remember to pray for what I need God will always walk me through that fire of chaos and uncertainty. He knows what I need and His plan will work out as long as I keep my mind occupied with the right thinking.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Wow! you are in a good place today.
I'm so proud of you. There will be ups and downs, but your ups are becoming more often each week.
love you