Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Never Go Back

The most important lesson I have learned in my life is don't ever go back. No matter how hard it becomes to walk away from the past don't ever make the same mistake. I pray all the time for God to give me the strength and will power to change my thinking.

I don't want to wish things could be different anymore because even if my ex did change into the man I want him to become, he still is the man he used to be. He still hurt me, he still called me names, he still wished I was someone else. The best I can hope for is that he gets better and finds happiness with someone else. And I shall do the same.

The best lesson I can share with you is what I heard in recovery. Don't get into a relationship in early recovery. I am still learning who I am and what I want and putting my life into perspective and getting over the wreckage of my past.

I got into a relationship with a guy in the program and allowed myself to fall into the same patterns. He wasn't ready and ended up back out there drinking and eventually hurt me. He has been arrested and is waiting for his court date. I have heard that he may be using again and it breaks my heart because I wanted him to be different.

Do the steps! http://12step.org/ Get a sponsor! Go to meetings! It works. Try it for 90 days and then decide for yourself.

3 comments:

Rod D in KC said...

Keep it up.

Rod D.
in KC

Unknown said...

so much time is waisted trying to make relations work, if a person has a reason to break up a relationship once, then keep walking away, there are hundred if not thousands of soul mates out there. it only takes time to find them

Lana said...

your doing just great every day you are getting better. your mind is so much clearer, and will continue to improve. God love's you and so do I.