Sunday, September 30, 2007

Forgive and Forget?

I went to church today. I feel like I am right where I need to be.

When I left my husband in Vancouver I had no idea where I would end up. I am glad that I followed this road because I am finding happiness. I am finding true friendships and I have learned how to forgive myself and those people who have harmed me.

Will I be able to forget about it? I hope so. I hope that if I continue to pray for it I will soon forget about the pain in my life. It feels so much better to have forgiveness in my heart. Life seems so much easier to live this way.

God showed me mercy a long time ago. Too bad my kids and I suffered for so much longer. Becoming an addict has been a blessing in my life. I had a difficult time trying to accept this life I chose but recently I have come to understand that as addicts we have been chosen to spread our message to others who suffer so perhaps some more can be saved.

Maybe I will never forget the horrible way I was treated but I know that I can forgive the horrible things that have happened to me and take responsibility for the choices I made.

I am making better decisions for my life now and that is a step in the right direction. It might take me the rest of my life to finish building the bridge but at least I am building it. It is a safe place to be and no body is going to stop me from getting over to the other side.

No comments: