Sunday, September 23, 2007

Family is Forever

Today I went to church with my Uncle and my Mom and Step-Dad. We went to see my Cousin play his guitar and sing at the church that he and his wife go to. It was so awesome seeing Darren play that guitar and sing. I remember when he used to play the banjo when he was five! Who knew?

I am so proud of him. I hadn't seen him since our Grandma passed on. We only had a little while to visit but it seemed like it was only Yesterday. It always seems like time stands still when it comes to family. How is it that we watch our children grow up so fast and wonder where the time goes but when we see family members after long periods of time have passed, it seems like no time has passed at all?

Time is the most precious gift we can give one and other. Life is too short to hold resentments or feelings of guilt. Forgive yourself for your short comings. Pick up the phone and call your family member that you haven't seen for a while. Tell them you love them. Forgive them if there is something to be forgiven. Pride is one of the biggest reasons that families fall apart. Don't let your pride get in the way. You might not get a chance to say what has been on your mind. Pick up that 1000 pound telephone and call.

Family is forever. Don't let them slip away. I have to go home tomorrow and I am so grateful I had this time to spend with my family. Being with them helped me to see just how important they are to me and how sorry I am that I didn't get enough time with them over the years.

Years have passed by so quickly. So quickly we forget about what is important. God never forgets about us, how is it that we can so easily forget about each other?

No comments: