Thursday, September 27, 2007

Don't Let Addiction Win

Recovery can be so easy for some and so difficult for others.

I went away for only eleven days. I have been home for two. Already my heart is saddened. So many things change in such a short time. We all work so hard to stay clean and sober. I have heard and seen how hard people work the program but yet there is a driving force that takes over which sends them back to using or drinking or both.

The rooms of recovery are merely a place to go to learn about addiction. In those rooms we find other people who are suffering from the same disease. We listen to their stories. We relate to some, pity others, and thank God it isn't ours. What isn't seen in those rooms is the power of the Higher Power. Step Two: we come to believe that a power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity. That power is Faith. Faith in God. He can and will save us from that driving force if we let Him. The only way to let Him is to ask Him.

Some of us have a hard time asking for help or picking up the phone to call a family member or our sponsor. How hard is it to pray to God for help? It isn't. It is only hard if we don't believe. We have spent so much time believing that drugs and alcohol could help that we have lost sight of the most valuable gift we have been given. We already figured out that the drugs and alcohol are not helping because we are in the rooms. Why not try believing that God will help.

Ask Him everyday to help. Try it. I will tell you about the miracles that have happened in my life since I gave my will and my life over to the care of God. But first you have to believe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i can only reitarete the elequent commenys that jean had made a few days ago, keep up the great work
love from
australia

Unknown said...

I feel that this is really very nice and informative post. I really like this post.In my opinion it is right to say that don't let addiction win.
-----------------
lauran
Drug Rehab