Tuesday, September 25, 2007

There is Hope

I said I would be coming home with my head screwed on tighter.

I needed this visit with my Dad and the time away from my new home so I could straighten out my head and get into my heart.

I am going to be divorced soon. It feels like freedom already but I guess that is because I have been clean and sober for almost four months now. I am free from addiction and the abusive relationships.

I decided to follow the advice of a very dear friend of mine. He suggested I should get a seed and grow a plant before I try to grow a relationship. He also suggested reading the Bible.

I took his advice. I read six books in the Bible on my way home and I have a piece of a plant in water waiting for it to grow roots!

There is Hope. My friend is from the rooms of recovery. He has over nine years clean and sober. He found Hope. He found God. He found Faith. He found a better way to live. He has a beautiful new family. He and his wife gave me a lot of inspiration to change my life.

Faith, Hope and Courage are only a few things that are available to us when we believe that God can restore us to sanity. By the Grace of God all things are possible if we can simply believe in ourselves. God believes in us, why can't we?

No comments: